Create Stock Group in TallyPrime (Excise for Manufacturer)
Excise details can be configured at stock group level. All items created under this group will inherit the excise tax details automatically. Updates and alterations to tax details can be done at stock group level and same will be applied to items under it automatically.
To create Stock Group in TallyPrime in case of excise for manufacturer, follow the steps given below.
- Gateway of Tally > Create > type or select Stock Group.
Alternatively, press Alt+G (Go To) > Create Master > type or select Stock Group.
- Enter the Name of the stock group.
- Select the required group from the List of Groups.
- Enable the option Should quantities of items be added, if required.
- Enable the option Set/Alter excise details and provide the required details. The completed Stock Group Creation screen appears as shown below:
- Press Enter to save.