The control centre in Tally.ERP 9 allows the user to deploy customised TDL programs to a single site or all the sites belonging to an account.
The account administrator can deploy the account TDLs by following the four simple steps shown below:
● Upload Customized TDL Programs
● Create TDL Configuration Pack from web control centre
● Create TDL Configuration Pack from Tally.ERP 9
● Link TDL Configuration Pack
● Download and update TDL Configuration Pack
The customised TDL programs can be uploaded from the control centre available on the Tally website. To upload the Customised TDL programs the user has to login to web control centre using the Account Administrator's Id and password.
1. Start Internet Explorer.
2. Enter www.tallysolutions.com in the address bar.
3. Enter the Account Administrator's ID in Tally.NET ID field.
4. Enter the password in the Password field.
5. Click the required Account ID in the My Tally.NET Account(s) screen.
6. In the Account Profile Management screen:
o Click Licensing and Configuration .
o Click Upload Account TDL .
7. In Upload Account TDL Files screen
o Enter a valid name to the program files you want to upload in Name of TDL field.
o Click Browse .
o Select the required TDL program file(s) from the saved location.
o Check Main File to indicate the file selected is the primary resource file.
8. Click Save to upload the program file(s).
You can create a TDL Configuration Pack either from the Web Control Centre or from the Control Centre in Tally.ERP 9.
To create a TDL Configuration Pack from the Web Control Centre follow the steps shown:
In the Licensing & Configuration menu:
o Click Create TDL Config .
o Enter a valid name to the TDL Configuration Package in the Name of Configuration field.
o Permit or disallow the use of other TDL files available locally in the Allow local TDLs field.
o Select the required TDL programs uploaded from the list displayed in the Choose Account TDLs to load field.
o Click Save to create the TDL Configuration pack.
Alternatively, you can follow the method given below.
1. Log in to the Control Centre using the Administrator’s Account ID and Password .
2. Click Tally.NET Account in the Control Centre screen.
3. Select the required Account ID in My Tally.NET Account(s) screen. The Control Centre screen for the selected account ID appears.
4. Click Licensing & Configuration .
5. Select the required site in the Licensing & Configuration screen.
6. Press Alt+C in the TDL Config field .
7. In the TDL Configuration Management screen:
8. Enter a valid name to the configuration package in Name of configuration field.
9. You may permit or disallow the use of other TDL files available locally in Allow local TDL files field.
10. Select the required TDL programs uploaded in Specify Account TDL files for loading field.
11. Press Ctrl+A to save the TDL Configuration pack.
1. Select the respective site in the Licensing and Configuration screen.
2. Select the required TDL Configuration Pack from the List of TDL Configs in the TDL Config field.
3. Press Enter to link the TDL Configuration Pack to the selected site.
After successfully linking the TDL Configuration pack to a site, in order to download the TDL Configuration pack, the user has to update the license. On successfully downloading, the configuration pack reside's in the Tally.ERP 9 folder for Single User edition or reside in the license server folder for Multi User edition.
1. Go to Gateway of Tally or Company Info menu.
2. Press F12: Configure > Licensing > Update Licensing .
3. Enter the Account Administrator's ID and Password in the Administrator Login screen. A message License Updated Successfully appears.
4. Restart Tally.ERP 9 to apply the configuration pack to the concerned site.
The availability of Account TDLs for a site are displayed in TDL Configuration and the number of TDLs loaded are displayed in the Configuration block of the Information Panel .
My Tally.NET Account Single or Multi Site