The e-Payments report in Tally.ERP 9 displays all payment instructions that are ready to be sent to bank. The report also displays transactions with incomplete information and information mismatch with masters. The e-Payments report is an easy and convenient way to track and process your payment instructions.
On this page
View e-Payments report and configure it as needed
Export payment transactions from e-Payments Report
The transactions displayed in the report can include vendor payments or payroll payments, or both, according to your business type.
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Banking > e-Payments . The e-Payments report appears as shown below:
2. Click F12: Configure and set up the e-Payments report to suit your requirements. The Configuration screen appears as shown below:
● Set the option Hide total column to Yes or No as needed.
● Enable Show exported/processed transactions? to exclude exported transactions from the e-Payments report. For DBS transactions, all transactions under Transactions sent to bank (unreconciled) will be excluded from the report.
● Select the required Scale factor for values to set the scale of amount in hundreds, thousands, lakhs, and so on.
● Enable Show base currency symbol? to display the base currency symbol along with amounts.
3. The e-Payments report is divided into the following categories:
● Transactions with incomplete information : Drill down here to see transactions in which certain mandatory bank details were not specified. You can select a specific transaction and provide the required information.
● Transactions with information mismatch (with master) : This category lists all transactions in which the bank details specified mismatch with the bank details specified in the masters. You can accept the details in the masters or click Accept as is to accept the modified bank details.
● Ready for sending to bank : All transactions ready to be sent to bank are displayed here. You can send to bank (for DBS bank customers only) or export the transactions (all other banks) to the required template.
● Transactions sent to bank (unreconciled) : All transactions sent to bank are displayed here (specific to DBS bank). You can drill down to see the status of the transactions.
4. Select any of the above categories and press Enter to view the transactions.
5. Configure the drill-down reports by press F12 .
The Configuration screen of Transactions sent to bank (unreconciled) appears as shown below:
You can enable the above options as required.
Note: The following are bank-specific options:
Show Reference : This option displays the reference or an alias for the transaction (specific to DBS bank).
Show Product Code : This option is displayed only for transactions with Kotak Mahindra Bank. The product code specified in the master will be displayed here.
With the Export feature in Tally.ERP 9, you can export transactions in the required format for upload to the bank's portal. Once you have uploaded the exported file on the bank's portal, you can authorise them for payment.
Prerequisite: Configure and Log In to the Company with TSS User ID .
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Banking > e-Payments .
2. Select the required bank column for the Ready for sending to bank category, and press Enter .
The e-Payments screen for the selected bank appears as shown below:
3. Select the transactions that you want to export, and press Ctrl+E .
Note: You can choose to exclude or include payroll-related payments by pressing Ctrl+P . If you have included payroll transactions, you can select them and export locally into a single file.
The Export Payment Instructions screen appears as shown below:
Note: The output file format will be in adherence to the respective bank guidelines. For example , the format of the output file for DBS bank is .csv, whereas the format for the output file for CITI bank is .txt.
4. Change the path in the Export Location field to modify the file location, if required.
5. Set Include Bill Details? to No if you do not want the file to include bill details. This field is set as Yes , by default .
6. Press Enter to save.
On successful export, the system displays a success message, as shown below:
7. Press any key to continue.
You can now log in to your bank portal to upload the exported output file from your local system.