(Valid till Release 4.93) The Licensing Operations Startup screen will appear only when Tally.ERP 9 is unable to detect a valid license on your computer for any one of the reasons mentioned below:
● You have installed Tally.ERP 9 for the first time on your computer.
● Reinstalled Tally.ERP 9 after changing the hardware or formatting the Hard Disk.
1. Select the option Activate License and press Enter . The Activate License sub-screen is appear as shown below:
Note : You can activate a Single Site license for the first time after successful installation of Tally.ERP 9 Silver or Tally.ERP 9 Gold on your computer. To activate the single site license, you must have Administrative Rights or login as an administrator, enter the License Serial Number and Activation Key printed on the Installation Guide for Tally.ERP 9 and enter your E-Mail ID.
2. Select the option First time activation for your organization and press Enter .
The Activate License form appears as shown below:
3. Enter the Serial Number printed on the CD cover in the Serial Number field.
4. Enter the Activation Key printed on the CD cover in the Activation Key field.
5. Enter a valid e-mail ID in the E-Mail ID of Administrator field. (An account is created using the email address provided, the serial number is linked to the account, and Account related information, Unlock Key and the Account Password are mailed to the E-mail ID provided in the activation form.
6. Repeat the e-mail ID in the Repeat (E-Mail ID of Administrator) field.
7. Press Enter to activate a Single Site License.
Tally.ERP 9 searches for Internet Connectivity on your computer.
In case the internet connectivity is available, Tally.ERP 9 will display a message Congratulations! Your activation Request has been processed. The tally_lck.lic file is created which resides in the default Tally.ERP 9 directory.
1. Tally.ERP 9 will display a message Could not connect to the Internet! Do you want to Activate the License in Offline mode?
2. Press Y on the keyboard or click Yes to proceed with the offline activation.
Tally.ERP displays a message Your Offline Activation Request file has been created successfully . A license request file named tally_req.lic is generated and stored in the default Tally.ERP folder.
3. Copy the tally_req.lic file onto a pen drive/CD and transfer it to another computer with Tally.ERP 9 and an active Internet connection. On this computer, Tally.ERP 9 could be in Educational mode .
4. Start Tally.ERP 9 on this computer.
5. Go to Gateway of Tally > F12: Configure > Licensing > Send External Request .
Tally.ERP 9 displays a message Offline Response File Generated Successfully.The Tally_lck.lic is created and stored in the default Tally.ERP 9 directory . The License Key to activate the Tally.ERP 9 license and the Password are emailed separately to the E-mail ID provided in the activation form.
6. Copy the tally_lck.lic file to a pendrive/ CD and paste it to the default Tally.ERP 9 folder of the computer where Tally.ERP 9 has to be activated.
7. Start Tally.ERP 9 .
8. Proceed to Step 2: Unlock License File.
1. Access your mail and retrieve the unlock key before proceeding to unlock the license file.
2. In the license Startup screen, select the option Unlock License .
3. Type the Unlock Key (emailed separately to the E-mail ID entered during activation) in the Unlock Key field.
4. Press Enter , on successful unlocking the license file Tally.ERP 9 displays a message as shown.
On starting Tally.ERP 9, the License Serial Number and Account ID are displayed under the Version and Licesing tab of the information panel respectively.