Release Notes – TallyPrime Release 1
Release Notes gives a brief overview of all the new features introduced in the release and the product improvements done.
TallyPrime gives you a simple and consistent experience, along with ease of discoverability of features across.
As you launch TallyPrime, the new splash screen reflects the product identity while you wait for the application to open.
On the Fly Access | Go To/Switch To
- The Go To feature in TallyPrime facilitates ease of navigation from anywhere in the product and helps you to handle any interruptions or ad-hoc activities without moving out of your current work. You can view any of your reports on the fly or create and alter masters, or even record a transaction by using Alt+G (Go To).
- Similarly, Switch To allows ease of navigation to a different task like creating your masters, voucher or viewing the reports, especially when you have completed your current task.
Consistent & Easy Interactions
- Buttons & Shortcuts: Right buttons, inline buttons, and keyboard shortcuts are harmonized across masters, transactions and reports for a consistent experience across the product. Hidden shortcut keys have been implemented across several areas to allow more viewing space in Reports, Vouchers and other areas. (Refer to Keyboard Shortcuts in TallyPrime).
- Gateway of Tally: is organised into four broad groups – Masters, Vouchers, Utilities, Reports – so that you easily navigate, as needed.
- Mouse interactions: Many more mouse actions are included in TallyPrime to allow easy interaction with your data. You can scroll up and down in reports and lists, use right-click and left-click actions, and others, as needed.
List Experience | Selection Table
- Reports, vouchers and masters are listed under relevant groups in a tabular format. You can expand and collapse each group, choose to show or hide more or even view the inactive ones in the tables.
- You can also search from the selection list by typing a few characters in the search bar and select the desired item from the list, including selection of drive, folder path and others.
- On the fly creation of required details – country name, bank name, Tally.NET users, and so on – has been implemented for quick and easy selection in tables. Simply type the text that you need as an input and TallyPrime captures it aptly.
- For example, you can now add a Tally.NET user while setting up Browser Access or create a new bank name for a party while creating a party ledger – all on the fly.
- You have the flexibility to create/alter masters and create vouchers anytime while navigating through the tabular lists.
Enhanced Capabilities in Reports
The right button bar has been harmonised to remove clutter and provide a consistent experience across.
- You can use the function keys F2 to F10 in a consistent way, irrespective of the report you are in.
- For example, press F4 to view data for a specific voucher in Day Book; the same key allows you to view data for a specific stock item in Stock Summary.
- Basis of Values provides the flexibility to change the basis on which values are computed and presented in the report.
- For example, you can view the values in Balance Sheet based on the Stock Valuation method you select by pressing Ctrl+B (Basis of Values).
- Change View brings in the flexibility of viewing the report details without changing the context of the data.
- For example, if you are viewing the Balance Sheet for a specific period, press Ctrl+H (Change View) > Vertical to view the Balance Sheet in vertical representation for that period. Similarly, in statutory reports, you can change to different return views as needed. Additionally, Change View provides the breakup of views and related reports, where applicable.
- Exception Reports allows you to view the exceptions available in the context of the current report.
- For example, from the Day Book, you can view list of exceptions such as Optional Vouchers, Cancelled Vouchers and so on.
Ease of Data Entry | Vouchers & Masters
- If your business norms require you to use a different voucher mode, pressing Ctrl+H (Change Mode) is the way forward! All the more, these options are contextual.
- For example, when entering a payment voucher, press Ctrl+H (Change Mode) to use the Double Entry mode or vice versa. Similarly, you can change your invoices from Invoice mode to Accounting mode and so on.
- Additionally, you can record a manufacturing journal transaction without the need for creating a voucher class.
- Global keys like Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V for copy and paste of data enables you to make data entry easier, without the need to use different key combinations.
- In TallyPrime, you can quickly switch from one master or voucher to the other by pressing F10. This helps is making your data entry faster.
- All masters or vouchers are available from a single button. F11 features are enabled and voucher types are activated on the fly where needed.
- In case you have missed to capture certain details in the masters or vouchers, just press Ctrl+I (More Details) to capture those details for that particular instance. You need not configure it for regular use or worry about where to configure.
- For example, if you missed to include the description for the second item when recording a voucher with many items, and realise this only when you are about to save the voucher, press Ctrl+I (More Details), and add the details, without navigating back to the field one by one.
- Managing multiple masters in one go is seamless in TallyPrime. The Chart of Accounts feature is a one-stop solution for managing the masters. You can:
- Create or alter one or multiple masters
- Display the masters
- View exception reports for used and unused masters.
- Create a Company in a few steps along with the flexibility of setting up the necessary features of Accounting, Inventory, Taxation, Payroll and others in the flow.
- You can also create an Inventory-only company in TallyPrime to only track your inventory, and maintain records of accounts separately.
- F11 features can be enabled on the fly where needed while creating masters and vouchers, without you having to navigating to the F11 screen every time.
Features & Preferences | F11 & F12
- F11 features are simplified to address your expanding business needs. Refer to Company Features for more information.
- Similarly, F12 configurations across the product are organised to meet your invoicing and reporting preferences, with:
- Proper placement and grouping for ease of find-ability
- Sequencing based on use
- Layered presentation
Refer to F12 Configurations for more information.
- F12 configurations have been re-organised to ensure the key settings for the values in reports are readily available under Basis of Values.
Application & Task Management | Top Menu
In TallyPrime, you can perform various tasks using the Top menu options, without having to follow a rigid set of steps for each task.
- The Company menu allows you to create and alter your company details and manage users and passwords, including changing from one user to another user on the fly.
- Now open the Control Centre portal directly for managing remote and browser access related tasks.
- Access to Control Centre is now provided from our Tally website to allow uninterrupted Account and License Management activities.
- The Data menu help you restore, backup or split your data any time. You can also configure the data path for your company.
- The Exchange menu helps you set your data synchronisation requirements in a just a few steps.
- Other day-to-day tasks such as Import, Export, E-mail, and Print are all available from the Top menu. You have the flexibility to quickly access different actions, and come back to the current screen.
- Have the same user credentials for multiple companies? Once you enable the Auto-login feature, you will not need to log in to each company separately. Just log in once and open the Companies in TallyPrime, as you need.
Whether you are looking for information on the product, license, TDLs, Company data, connectivity or your computer, – About Page is the one-stop solution. Specific details like product updates, status of online services, and so on are available from this page, anytime you need.
- If your invoices specific to India generally have several items listed, in TallyPrime you can save a lot on the paper and ink and reduce the printing cost.
- In the invoice, press Ctrl+P (Print) and enable the Optimise printing to save paper configuration to utilise the extra space on the paper without compromising the invoice details.
- When you are printing your invoice in multiple pages, you can also choose to print only the required header information by enabling the option Choose details to show second page onwards. This further optimises the printing space.
Analyse Your Data & Verify Vouchers and Masters
- All reports that are required to analyse and verify your transaction data are easily accessible, without any dependency on enabling security or creating users.
- Regardless of the country that you operate your business from, the same set of Analysis & Verification reports are applicable.
- Additionally, you can navigate easily to any of the Analysis reports by using the Analysis & Ver Reports button and verify the data. You can also switch to other Accounting and Inventory reports that for the basis for data analysis.
Extension for VAT, Service Tax, and Excise
In case of VAT, Service Tax or Excise, which are not in practice after GST implementation, you can download the extensions/capsules from our website on a need basis. These have not been removed as you may want to check your old data, if needed.
This section lists the changes in features due to updates in functionality or fixing issues.
Support for the latest templates introduced by GSTN.
- TallyPrime supports the GSTR-1 offline tool version 2.4, and the Excel & CSV templates version 1.7.
- You can export GSTR-3B to the Excel utility version 4.4.
- When recording a TDS Deductions where the configuration Ignore IT exemption limit for TDS deduction is set to No, the Party ledger was not appearing for selection to deduct the TDS amount for the current year.
This issue is resolved. The required party can be selected for TDS deduction.
- After excluding a transaction from Form 27EQ there was no option to add it back.
This issue is resolved. You can include the transaction in the report when needed.
The following updates are done in the Company creation option.
- Various countries and their currencies are supported in TallyPrime. When creating a Company, you can select any of these countries as per your needs. The official currency of the selected country will be assigned by default as the Base Currency of your Company. You can change the Base Currency as needed.
If the country selected for your Company is Germany European Euro is shown as the Base Currency, and the symbol is €. The decimal currency is Cent, and the number of decimal places is 2.
Based on the country selected for your Company, the following labels will be displayed when capturing or displaying addresses.
- UAE, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Oman, Nepal – PO Box
- Indonesia, Bangladesh – Postal Code
- For rest of the countries – Pincode
- There was no provision to select directory/folder in the Company creation screen, and the path had to be entered or pasted from the Windows folder view.
This issue is resolved. You can select any directory/folder by navigating through Windows folders.
- When recording a Sales Voucher with separate buyer and consignee, on selecting the secondary address under consignee details in the supplementary details screen, the GSTIN associated with the primary address was getting captured. This occurred when the party had the primary address as a registered GST dealer in one state, and a secondary address as a consumer in another state.
This issue is resolved. Upon choosing the Address type as Consumer or Unregistered, GSTIN will not be printed in buyer and consignee details of the invoice.
- e-Way Bill number was not captured on the printed invoice when the Sales Voucher was recorded in Voucher Mode.
This issue is resolved.
The following issues when printing sales invoices are resolved.
- When transactions were passed with rate inclusive of tax, the printed invoice did not show the rate including the tax amount. This was leading to confusion as the customers were not able to understand on which value discount was applied.
When the rate is inclusive of GST or VAT, the printed invoice will show the rate including the tax amount.
- In invoice printout, the customer details are printed under the titles Buyer and Consignee while GSTN recommends Billed to and Shipped to. Similarly, Buyer and Consignee are used in the supplementary details screen too.
The titles are changed to Billed to and Shipped to.
- The Buyer details are not getting printed in the invoice if the option print after save is enabled in the Sales Voucher.
Buyer details will be printed in the invoice.
- When multiple mailing details are maintained for Company and Ledgers, if a ledger has different addresses, in the invoice printout under Consignee details the address was not getting captured. Similarly, if a Purchase Order was altered when multiple addresses are maintained, Consignee details were incorrect.
When multiple addresses are enabled, the Consignee details will be printed correctly.
- Option is provided to enter the reference number in the Receipt Voucher.
- When recording a Receipt Voucher, there was no option to view the Ledger Report to check the transactions of a particular party for a period.
You can now use the Go To option to open the Ledger Report, without leaving the Receipt Voucher.
- When recording a Receipt Voucher in a Company with GCC VAT enabled, the country name was not shown in the Party Details screen.
This issue is resolved. The Country as specified in the Party Ledger appears in the supplementary details screen.
- When Debit Note was used for purchase return where the buyer and consignee are different, then the same was not declared in the Debit Note.
This issue is resolved. Have introduced separate buyer and consignee columns in Debit Note.
- When Debit Note was opened in display mode from the Day Book, the printing was recurring.
This issue is resolved.
- While passing Credit Note entry for sales return only consignee details were visible in the supplementary details screen, and there was no provision for entering party details. However, in the printout consignee details were printed as party details.
This issue is resolved. You can specify separate buyer and consignee details in the supplementary details screen, and the correct details will be printed in the invoice.
- In a Company with GCC VAT enabled, when Delivery Note against a Sales Order was tracked in a sales transaction to a URD party, an error was shown – Party TRN not specified.
This issue is resolved. Delivery Note against Sales Orders can be tracked in Sales Vouchers.
The following issues with data refresh on the supplementary details screen are resolved.
When a Sales Voucher was duplicated, and the party ledger changed with Enable Supplementary details is set to No, the supplementary details were not getting refreshed with the details of the new party selected.
On changing the party ledger a confirmation message will be shown, and if you confirm the supplementary details will be refreshed.
When recording sales in Voucher mode, there was no Alt+M option in the supplementary details screen to select a different Buyer, while this was possible in Invoice Mode.
You can select the party ledger from the list.
In Accounts Only Company when VAT was not enabled, while recording sales in Voucher Mode the supplementary details screen was not displayed.
In Voucher Mode, the supplementary details screen will be shown.
While recording cash sales entry if a party ledger was selected in the supplementary details screen by pressing Alt+M, the party’s ledger name was getting printed instead of the mailing name.
The party’s mailing name will be printed.
When a sales transaction was recorded with the F12 configuration Enable Supplementary details set to No, and later altered to set the same configuration to Yes, the party details and GSTIN were disappearing from the supplementary details screen. Had to press Alt+M and select the party again to show these details.
When recording a sales transaction with consignee as a party from UAE, Indian states were listed under the column Emirates.
The correct Emirate name will be shown under the consignee details
- When recording Receipt Note or Delivery Note with Purchase Order or Sales Order tracking number, the supplier details like country, state, GSTIN/UIN were disappearing from the supplementary details screen.
Similarly, after recording a Rejection Out or Rejection In, when recording a Debit Note or Credit Note with the Rejection Out or Rejection In tracking number, in the supplementary details screen the GSTIN was disappearing.
The party details as recorded will be shown.
- When recording the Material Out or the Job Work Out Order, there is no provision in the Party Details screen to select a party ledger, and the party details need to be entered when needed. You can now select the required party ledger from the list.
- When multiple addresses are recorded for a party, if the primary address is changed to secondary address in the supplementary details screen when recording a voucher, the address was not refreshed.
The selected address will be shown in the supplementary details screen.
- When a party has multiple mailing details, and the sales invoice is generated in Voucher Mode, only the primary address is shown in the supplementary details screen.
The selected address will be shown in the supplementary details screen.
Buyer and Consignee Details
- If details of buyer and consignee were entered with the F12 configuration Separate Buyer and Consignee Name set to Yes, and later when this option is disabled and vouchers are created, the consignee details were captured in the Party Details, and the same was printed in invoices and reports.
Buyer details will be printed under Party Details.
When Sales Vouchers are recorded with order tracking or manual entry of order number, and the address of the party was changed in the supplementary details screen by altering the voucher, then the consignee address was changing to buyer’s address.
Party Details will be printed.
Sales Vouchers created with Allow Separate Buyer and Consignee Names set to Yes, was showing Cash as the party when there were other cash Sales Vouchers recorded with Allow Separate Buyer and Consignee Names set to No, and the party details were entered in the supplementary details screen. In the invoice and report printouts, Cash was recorded as the party.
Party Details will be printed.
- After recording a Sales Voucher with separate buyer and consignee, when another Sales Voucher is recorded with separate buyer and consignee disabled, consignee’s name and address were captured under the title Buyer. This was occurring when Sales Voucher is recorded in Voucher Mode too.
The buyer’s address as recorded will be shown.
- When the F12 configurations Accept Supplementary Details and Allow Separate Buyer and Consignee Names were disabled, the Party address & Mailing Details were not printed when the voucher was altered unless the party details were included in the supplementary details screen using ALT+M.
When altering the voucher in Invoice Mode, if Accept Supplementary Details is set to No and Allow Separate Buyer & Consignee Names is set to Yes, then the party address was not getting printed.
The party details will be printed even when the voucher is altered.
- After passing a POS invoice when passing a normal Sales Voucher, the setting in F12 configuration Allow Separate Buyer and Consignee Names changed to Yes.
The earlier configuration will be retained.
- When recording Purchase Order with separate buyer and consignee, in a Company with GCC VAT enabled, under Supplier Details the Emirate specified in the Company was printed in Dispatch To when selecting a party from another country.
This issue is resolved. The country specified in the party ledger will be shown.
- In Form 16, investment under the section 80C was not considered as deduction. In addition to 80 C if any deduction exists under 80 D to 80 TTA then 80 C deductions were considered for deduction under Chapter VI A.
This issue is resolved. Relevant sections are considered as deductions when computing the taxable income.
- In certain situations when calling the webservice Tally was getting closed. This happened due to certain issues in the openssl library used in 64 bit application.
This issue is resolved. An updated library is used in TallyPrime.
- When opening the Exception report for Synchronisation an error was shown, Error in TDL. ‘Part:SyncExceptionDtls’ No ‘PARTS’ or ‘LINES’ or ‘BUTTONS’!, and the application was crashing.
This issue is resolved.
Remote Desktop (RDP)
- When recording transactions on Tally running remotely, cursor was not visible in the Narration field.
This issue is resolved. You can see the cursor clearly.
- When trying to select the language in keyboard configuration, the language name for Arabic was displayed incorrectly.
This issue is resolved. The correct language will be listed.
Date format when importing Bank Statements
- Not able to import bank statements where the date format is DDMMMYYYY.
This issue is resolved. You can configure the date format and import the statements.
Fetching values using ODBC
- Getting values in Excel Application using ODBC was not working on Windows 8, 32-bit and 64-bit.
This issue is resolved. On 64-bit Windows 8 ODBC works well.
This section lists the features that are obsolete and hence removed from the product.
- TallyPrime is a 64-bit application that runs on Windows 7 or any later version of Windows, and a 32-bit version is not made available. With rapid changes in technology most of the hardware device manufacturers moved to 64-bit architecture that is more responsive when running several programs simultaneously, and switching between them frequently. To benefit from the real advantages of the combination of 64-bit architecture and 64-bit operating systems for the best performance, TallyPrime is designed as a 64-bit application.
- TallyPrime supports 64-bit ODBC applications that allows you to take advantage of the 64-bit architecture and 64-bit operating systems for the best performance. Support for 32-bit ODBC applications are withdrawn.
- e-Way Bill replaced the e-Sugam. Therefore, e-Sugam reports are deprecated. In case you need to access the e-Sugam reports for earlier periods, use an earlier version of Tally with the relevant backup. Alternatively, print or export a copy of those reports, and store them for future references.
- LBT was abolished in Maharashtra since 1-August-2015, and businesses are not required to file LBT returns. Therefore, this feature is removed from the product. In case you need to access the LBT reports for earlier periods, use an earlier version of Tally with the relevant backup. Alternatively, print or export a copy of those reports, and store them for future references.
Schedule VI Balance Sheet
- In Accounting circles, Schedule VI Balance Sheet has been replaced by Schedule III reports. Though many of you had been using Schedule VI report from Tally to fill the Schedule III reports and complete MCA formalities, in many occasions these were found to be unusable. Therefore, Schedule VI reports are removed from the current version of the product. Will bring them back later with appropriate functionality.
Tax Audit & Stat Audit
- Many of you had been using the audit reports from Tally as you were able to derive some value from these tools. However, we found that these reports and tools available in the earlier versions of Tally are dated. Therefore, these reports are removed from the current version of the product. Will bring them back later with appropriate functionality.
- Substituted this with the Reports on Browser feature that allows you to access much more information across many reports.
Password strength setting for Company administrator
Taken a call to withdraw password strength from the product as security features along with password strength need to be solved holistically.
- TallyPrime does not use a Status Bar to show the path to the current screen, as you can open different screens using Alt+G or Ctrl+G.
- We continuously update online help to ensure that more business scenarios are addressed based on input from our customers. This helps in meeting your requirements better, and provide an enhanced experience. Therefore, offline help is deprecated.
For quick access, you can open the site help.tallysolutions.com on your mobile. For offline reference, you can also download any topic as a PDF when you are connected to the Internet. However, we recommend that you access the help online to ensure use of the latest content.