Update a Service Ledger for GST
You can update a service ledger for GST in TallyPrime. To update taxes and other GST details for your service items, you need to modify your service ledgers.
- Gateway of Tally > Alter > type or select Ledger > and press Enter.
Alternatively, press Alt+G (Go To) > Create Master > type or select Ledger > and press Enter.
- Is GST Applicable – Applicable.
- Set/alter GST Details – Yes, specify the details in the GST Details screen, and save. Alternatively, you can use a classification to use the tax details defined in the classification.
- Taxability: Select Taxable for goods and services that are classified as taxable type of supply under GST. Select Exempt, if the type of supply is exempted from tax under GST, or select Nil Rated, if the tax rate applicable to the type of supply is 0% under GST.
- To view the history of tax rate changes, press Alt+W (Details).
- To specify further GST-related details, press F12 (Configure).
- Select Type of supply as Services.
- Accept the screen. As always, you can press Ctrl+A to save.
You can use this ledger to bill the services rendered by your business, in Accounting Invoice mode.