If you want the narration details for every ledger you debit or credit (Single narration), you can configure Tally.ERP's Narration details accordingly.
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounts Information > Voucher Types > Alter.
2. Select the required Voucher Type.
3. Enable the option Provide narration for each ledger in voucher? and accept the details.
4. Return to Accounting Vouchers in Gateway of Tally and select the voucher type and pass the entry.
Provide narration for each ledger in voucher option is available for all Accounting Voucher Types. Given below is an example of a Payment transaction with narrations for each entry enabled:
The above entry consists of both common narration and narrations for each entry. In case of multiple debit/credit entries, you can give single line narration separately for every ledger account selected.
● ALT+R: Recalls the Last narration saved for the first ledger in the voucher, irrespective of the voucher type.
● CTRL+R: Recalls the Last narration saved for a specific voucher type, irrespective of the ledger.