The Contra Voucher can be recorded using Single entry mode or Double Entry mode . To toggle between Single Entry and Double Entry mode, we need to change the setting Use Single Entry mode for Pymt/Rcpt/Contra to Yes/No in F12: Configure .
Refer to F12: Configuration in Tally.ERP 9 for more details.
To view Contra Voucher creation screen in Single Entry mode,
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > Select F4: Contra
2. For example, to transfer funds from Cash Account to Bank Account:
● Debit the Bank Account.
● Credit the Cash Account.
The entry will be displayed as shown:
3. In the Bank Allocation screen, users can select the mode of transaction from the List of Transaction Type as shown:
4. When Cash is selected as a Transaction Type , you can specify the cash denominations for the transaction in the voucher entry screen, if the option Show Cash Denomination Details set to Yes in F12: Configuration (By default, this option is enabled)
5. During Bank Allocation, a new screen – Cash Denominations will appear for Cash Transaction Type.
The cash denominations entered here will be captured in the Cash Denomination details while printing a Cash Deposit Slip for this transaction.
Note: Cash denomination of 2000 is supported from Release 5.4.8.
The Difference field will give the difference between the total and the sum of amounts specified for the Denominations.
Advantages of Single Entry Mode
● Faster data entry.
● When there is a Single Debit and Multiple Credits in the entry.