You can record the sales of a composite supply using a sales invoice. The rate of tax applicable on the principal supply will be considered as the rate of tax for the composite supply.
In a composite supply of both goods and services, either one of them can be the principal supply. If you are not sure about the principal supply and the secondary supply, you can create separate invoices for the goods and services.
For composite supply:
Create a service ledger to participate in the sales of composite supply .
Record sales of composite supply .
To create a service ledger
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounts Info. > Ledgers > Create .
2. Is GST Applicable? - Not Applicable . The option Include in assessable value calculation for appears.
3. Include in assessable value calculation for - GST .
o Appropriate to - Goods , as the principal supply is considered as goods in this example.
4. Press Ctrl+A to accept.
To record the sales of composite supply with goods as principal item
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales .
2. Select the service ledger (in this example, the ledger applicable for transportation charges) .
3. Select the applicable tax ledgers (central and state/union territory taxes for local supply, integrated tax for interstate supply).
You can view the tax details by clicking A : Tax Analysis . Click F1 : Detailed to view the tax break-up.
Recording sales of mixed supply under GST