You can configure your Tally.ERP 9 to record sales of jewellery goods for excise. You can also generate the Rule 8 invoice for these transactions from the excise sales invoice.
To enable excise sales of jewellery goods
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > F11: Features > Statutory and Taxation .
2. Set Enable Excise to Yes in the Company Operations Alteration screen.
3. Enable the option Set/alter excise details? to view the Excise Registration screen. In the Excise Registration Details screen, excise details like Unit name , Address , State , Pincode and, Telephone No. will be displayed as entered in the Company Creation screen. These details can be altered, if required.
4. Select Manufacturer as the Registration type.
5. Select the Type of manufacturer , as required.
6. Enter ECC number ECC number is PAN based, and has 15 digits. The format of ECC no. is ABCDE1234HXM001 .
7. Press F12: Configure to open the Configuration screen.
o Set the option Enable excise jewellery manufacturer? to Yes to display the option Is it a jewellery business? in the Excise Registration Details screen.
o Press Ctrl+A to accept.
8. Set the option Is it a jewellery business? to Yes .
9. Enable the option Set/alter excise tariff details to Yes , to record tariff details.
If all the stock items that the manufacturing unit deals have the same tariff details, then tariff details can be recorded here.
In the Excise Details screen,
1. Enter Tariff Name .
2. Enter HSN Code .
3. Select the unit of measure from the List of reporting UoMs.
4. Ad Valorem is selected as the Type of Valuation . The cursor skips this field.
To modify the type of valuation
Click F12: Configure .
Enable the option Allow Modification of Valuation Type .
Press Ctrl+A to save the configuration.
Select the required Valuation type in the Excise Details screen.
5. Enter the Rate of duty.
6. Press Enter .
Note: If all stock items that the manufacturing unit deals with belong to the same tariff, then define the tariff at the company level. Else,tariff can be created at the group level, the stock item master level or accounting ledger level.
10. Enter PAN/ Income Tax in the Company Operations Alteration screen.
11. Enter the Corporate Identity Number .
12. Press Enter to save and return to the Company Operations Alteration screen. .
13. Press Ctrl+A to accept the configuration.
Recording Excise Sales of Jewellery Goods