When a purchase has been made and if the goods are returned cause they are damaged or any other reason, then a purchase return has to be recorded. In Tally.ERP 9 a debit note is used to record a purchase return.
To record an excise debit note for purchase returns
1. Enable the option Use debit and credit notes in F11: Features > Accounting features .
2. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > press Ctrl+F9 .
3. Press Ctrl+E to change the debit note to an excise debit note.
4. Enter the Original Invoice Number and Date .
5. S elect the party name from the List of Ledger Accounts .
6. Select the party ledger and provide the required information in Party Details screen.
7. P ress Ctrl+A to go back to the debit note.
8. Select the Purchase Ledger from the List of Ledger Accounts .
9. Select the item from the List of Stock Items.
10. Enter the Quantity , Rate , and Amount in the Stock Items Allocations screen.
11. P ress Ctrl+A to go back to the debit note.
The completed excise debit note appears as shown below:
12. Press Enter to save.