When doing sales returns create credit notes against the original invoice.
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > Ctrl+F8 .
2. Enter the reference number in the Ref. field.
3. Select the Party’s A/c Name from the List of Ledger Accounts .
4. Enter the required details in Party Details screen.
5. Select a common sales ledger in which the option Is VAT/CST Applicable? is set to Applicable , and Set/Alter VAT Details? is not enabled.
6. Select the required stock item whose VAT rate is specified either at the stock group or at the stock item level.
7. Enter the Quantity and Rate .
8. Select the common VAT ledger.
● The ledger must be grouped under Duties & Taxes in which the options:
o Type of duty/tax is set to VAT .
o Percentage of Calculation (eg 5)? is set to 0.
9. Set the option Provide VAT Details? to Yes and enter the relevant details.
10. Enter Narration , if required. The credit note appears as shown below:
11. Press Enter to save.