To migrate data from releases below Tally.ERP 9, you need the migration tool tally72migration.exe that is available in Tally.ERP 9 installation folder. Before migrating data, it is recommended that you backup your data.
1. Copy company data of Tally 5.4, 6.3 or 7.2 to Tally.ERP 9 data folder.
2. Start Tally.ERP 9 migration tool ( tally72migration.exe ) from the location where it is available (downloaded or saved).
3. Select Migrate Data in the Tally.ERP 9 Data Migration Tool screen as shown below:
4. Enter the company data path in the field Directory and select company in the field Name .
5. Click Yes for the message prompt Rewrite? .
6. Click Yes or No for the message prompt Backup before rewriting? . The data is backed up before being rewritten to Tally 7.2 format for migration.
7. Click Yes for the message prompt Migrate? . On successful completion of migration, a message Migration Completed, Check Statistics appears. Compare the statistics and ensure that the data migration is complete.
Note: The migrated company number is prefixed with an additional 0 and appears in five digits. When you open the data in the latest release, a message appears prompting to migrate to Release 6.x, click Yes to migrate .