The purpose of a budget is to control expenditure. You can create multiple budgets in Tally.ERP 9, each for a specific purposes. If cost centres are enabled for the company, then budgets can be created for cost centres.
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounts Info . > Budgets > Create .
2. I n the Budget Creation screen, enter a Name for your budget.
3. Enable budgets for groups , and ledgers if required.
4. Set the option Cost Centres to Yes to view the Cost Centre Budget screen.
5. Enter a budget figure in Expenses for the cost centre.
6. Enter a budget figure in Income for the cost centre.
7. Enter Closing Balance .
The Cost Centre Budget screen appears as shown below:
8. Press Enter .
9. Press Enter to save the budgets created.