Before creating the Invoice , you can set your Invoice Configurations from F12: configure .
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales or F9: Purchases (As Invoice) .
2. Click F12 Configure .
The first screen of Sales Invoice Standard Configuration screen has the following options:
1. Accept supplementary details: Set this option to Yes to specify the despatch details. If this option is set to No , Print Default Name and Address of Party will be enabled for configuring.
2. Allow separate buyer and consignee names: Enabling this option will allow entering Consignee details in the invoice.
3. Use common ledger A/c for Item Allocation: Enabling this option allows faster data entry by allocating all the items to a single sales ledger in the invoice.
4. Use defaults for bill allocations: Enabling this option will allocate Bill Numbers automatically as defined in voucher type master in ascending order.
5. User voucher no. as bill ref. no. for bill allocations : When this option is set to Yes , the voucher number will be taken as the bill reference number during bill allocation.
6. Use Additional Description(s) for item name: Enabling this option will allow specifying of any additional description for item during voucher entry.
7. Use Additional Description(s) for ledger name : Enabling this option will allow specifying of any additional description for ledger during voucher entry.
8. Calculate tax on current sub-total (else calculations are on inventory total only): If this option is enabled, tax will be calculated after considering additional income or expenses.
9. Warn on Negative Stock Balance: If this option is enabled, when there is an insufficient stock during sales entry, a warning message of negative stock with quantity details will be displayed.
In Sales Invoice Standard Configuration ,
● Press F12 to view Sales Invoice Standard Configuration .
1. Allow income accounts in sales voucher : Enabling this option will allow selecting i ncome ledgers for accounting allocation and also as additional ledger.
2. Consolidate stock items with same rates: Enabling this option will allow consolidating the stock items having same rates in invoice.
3. Show compound unit of items based on rate : Enabling this option will allow displaying the compound unit of item based on the unit provided in the Rate Per column . For more details, click here .
4. Show full details of compound unit : Enabling this option will display full details of compound unit in the Quantity field. For more details, click here .
5. Use pre-closure of order details: Enabling this option will allow pre-closure of orders partially or completely from Stock item Allocation screen.
6. Use defaults for bank allocations : If this option is set to Yes , the Bank Allocations will have default allocations in which, the Transaction type is Cheque , voucher date as Instrument Dat e. the Cheque Range and Cheque Number will be blank.
7. Show Remarks : When this option is set to Yes , a new field Remarks to enter remarks for the payment will appear in the Bank Allocation screen.
8. Specify export shipping details: Enabling this option will allow entering shipping information in the voucher.
9. Specify marks and nos./container no.: Enabling this option will allow specifying container information for export sales items.
10. Show turnover achieved with Customer: Enabling this option will display the turnover details during entry.
11. Allow modification of ALL fields during entry: Enabling this option will allow modification of all fields in the sales invoice.
Your email with the article link has been sent.