Godowns in Tally.ERP 9 are created as Job locations. On enabling Job Costing for the company, the option to set a project for job costing is available in the master. Once a godown is allocated to the job/project, all the materials issued or received for that particular job or project will be accounted for, and will reflect in the reports.
Note: Create one godown for each job or project for effective job costing.
For enabling a Godown as location for job costing
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Inventory Info. > Godowns > Create .
2. Enter the Name of the location.
3. Select Primary or the godown Under which the location has to be grouped.
4. Press Enter to skip Allow Storage of Materials .
5. Select a job/project to Set job/project for job costing .
6. Press Enter .
The Godown Creation screen appears as shown below:
Note: On specifying a project for job costing, the section Use For: is skipped automatically.
7. Press Enter to save the location.
Your email with the article link has been sent.